Do you own or have you heard of the Insanity 60-Day Workout? Now there is a companion app to help you get the most out of your workouts.
The Insanity workout is the most intense workout ever put on DVD, If you have researched Insanity or experienced the workout for yourself you’ll know it is a serious workout and you need a serious app to record and track your results. I am a personal user of the Insanity workout and being an android developer as well it was inevitable for me to create an app for Insanity.
What does my Insanity Companion App Offer?:
- Flexible Start Date, what does that mean? Well the Insanity workout is based on a Mon-Sat regime with Sundays as rest days. Some people need to change or adjust there days to suit their lifestyle so no where in the Insanity App will you see weekdays mentioned. Simply enter in the date you first started the Insanity Workout and the app will automatically adjust so that when you open Today’s Workout Screen it will show you which workout is due for the current date regardless of what day it actually is. The same applies to the Workout Chart included.
- Fit Test Recording, enter and save your results for each fit test. The Fit Test screen also gives you the option to load a previous fit test so that you can compare and see your improvements for each exercise as you complete the fit test, This is great for added motivation to beat your previous results.
- Today’s Workout, This screen is your main workout screen here you will record if you completed or skipped the workout (we all know we never skip one!) you can select an intensity level for the workout, record your Calories burnt, your Maximum HR & your Average HR. If your like me and wear a heart rate monitor you find this useful. You can also log previous workouts should you wish to view the data for a particular day.
- Statistics Screen, Shows various data based on your recorded workouts - Total Calories - Average Max HR - Average Avg HR - Highest Recorded Max HR - Highest Recorded Avg HR - Total no. workouts Completed - Total no. workouts Skipped - Average Intensity Level.
- Photo Gallery, 4 progression photos Take a photo on days 1, 20, 40 & Finally 63 watch your body change throughout the program and help give you the incentive to “Dig Deeper”.
- Measurements, record your body measurements to help keep track of your progress, Track your weight, body fat, and limb circumference. The very first measurements recorded will be saved and displayed so that when you enter your updated measurements you will easily be able to see how far you have come.
- Workout Chart, this is the Insanity Workout Calendar created within the app so you have an easy overall view of workouts to come. I have also added a small feature as you complete and record each workout some of that data is entered in the workout chart. At the bottom of each workout on the calendar there are 2 boxes with a “-” the top box will show if you have completed or skipped that workout, the bottom box will show the recorded intensity level for that workout.